Parent Financial Aid Information
A few important tips may be of assistance:
- Work with your son/daughter to ensure that all documents are completed in an timely manner
- Fill out all forms completely and accurately
- Keep copies of everything
- Respond quickly to all requests for additional information
Filing the FAFSA
If you are a parent of a dependent student, you will need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA. You can file the application online at http://www.fafsa.gov/. Please remember to request a PIN, if you do not already have one. Please note that parents and students will need separate PINs. A PIN serves as your electronic signature and is required before the information provided on the FAFSA can be processed. The PIN is also used to complete electronic Master Promissory Notes. Please keep you PIN secure and remember you may need to use it again before completing the financial aid process.
Video used with permission of UCSB
After the FAFSA has been completed, Simpson University may request a copy of your federal tax transcript, W2s, and other supporting documents. If any additional documents are requested, or other supporting documentation, are requested, they are needed to complete the federal verification process as required by the Department of Education. Your son or daughter will not be able to receive any federal financial aid until this process is completed. If a student's document file is not complete by semester deadlines listed on simpsonu.edu/sfsdates, institutional financial aid may be cancelled. The verification worksheets are available on the Student Financial Services Forms page. Please Note: until the verification process has been completed, any financial aid award given is an estimate only. Submit documentation as early as possible in order to receive a finalized award.
For DRT step-by-step instructions, click here.
Privacy Release Form
If you want to discuss your son or daughter’s student account with a Student Financial Services representative, or if you want to receive copies of account statements, please ensure that your student has completed the Privacy Release, available on the Student Financial Services Forms page.
- This form no longer needs to be completed on an annual basis. Once a student completes the form to grant access to another individual, the authorization granted remains valid until the student graduates or officially withdraws, and no longer has an owing student account balance. The completion of this form is necessary to keep Simpson University in compliance with FERPA regulations as well as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
Check out our Important Dates page. This page lists important information, such as application deadlines and payment due dates.
- Simpson University does offer a payment plan, allowing account balances to be paid in three installments. The payment due dates are listed on the Payment Plan Form, available on the Student Financial Services Forms page.
If you would like to apply for the Parent PLUS loan you can begin the process from our Parent PLUS Loan page. Remember, if a parent applies for the PLUS loan and is denied, the student may become eligible for additional unsubsidized Stafford loan funds.
The Cost of Attendance
Parents of incoming students – contact an admissions counselor at (888) 9SIMPSON or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents of continuing students – contact a student financial services counselor at (530) 226-4621 or email@example.com.