Self-Service Financial Aid and Student Finance
Self-Service Financial Aid allows you to know where you are in the financial aid process, the next steps required, and other important details. This easy-to-use tool will help you:
- Understand the financial aid you have been offered
- Know what you need to do in the financial aid process and when you need to do it
- Accept or decline offered financial aid, such as Stafford Loans
To log into Self-Service you will use the same user name and password as WebAdvisor.
You will have to accept your award in order for financial aid to disburse. The first step is to accept or decline all offered awards. To print a PDF copy of your award letter, the acceptance process must be complete.
Stay organized with a checklist. The Self-Service Financial Aid main page displays a checklist that specifies the steps necessary to complete the financial aid process, in sequence, for the 2016-2017 financial aid year.
In addition, this helpful checklist shows the current total amount of federal student loan debt, according to the National Student Loan Data System, as well as helpful links to sites, such as Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), California Student Aid Commission (CSAC), and studentloans.gov, where Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN) can be accessed.
To accept or decline your offered Stafford student loans, please complete the following steps in Self-Service Financial Aid:
- Please log into Self-Service and select the Financial Aid tab.
- Select "Review and Accept Your Financial Aid Award Package."
- Here you may accept the entire loan, change to a lesser amount, or decline the entire loan. To accept a partial amount, type in the annual loan amount you want to request. Otherwise simply select "Accept" or "Decline" under each loan offered. If a partial loan amount is requested, you will not be able to accept your award letter until after the partial loan request is reviewed and processed by Student Financial Services.
- If you are a first time Stafford loan borrower at Simpson University, you will need to complete Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note. Self-Service will prompt you to complete these requirements, if needed, in the Loan Requirement Checklist section.
- Once you have accepted or declined all offered awards, you may proceed to accept your Award Letter. If you requested a partial loan amount please allow up to 2 business days before completing this final step.
Self-Service Student Finance provides detailed financial activity including access to your current statement. This is where you may also make a payment online.
We encourage you to log into Self-Service today and navigate through the features. We want you to be confident and empowered in making financial decisions while at Simpson University!