Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Coverage for full-time employees and employees assigned to work more than 30 hours per week becomes effective on the first day of employment with Simpson University. Four different plans are offered, including a high deductible healthcare plan.
Waiver of Benefits
If an employee has access to medical and/or dental benefits provided by a source other than Simpson University, Simpson will reimburse with a monthly stipend.
Paid for by Simpson University and effective on the date of hire for full time employees.
Retirement benefits are available to all employees on either April 1st or October 1st (whichever comes first) following date of hire. For full time employees only, Simpson University will contribute 1% automatically and match up to 4%. Simpson University allows employees to choose one of two brokers for their retirement services: Catherine Lathrop-Cummings, Wells Fargo Advisors, or David VanDyke, Merrill Lynch.
Flexible Spending Account
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Pacific Benefits administers pre-tax payroll deductions for medical expenses, medical premium contributions and elder and/or dependent care expenses.
AFLAC sells and administers supplemental insurance plans available to our employees. These plans include cancer, intensive care, disability and accident insurance and the employee pays for the cost.
Holidays, Vacation, and Personal Days
Holidays, vacation, and personal days as outlined in faculty and staff handbooks
Employee Assistance Program
Services of the Simpson Community Counseling Center are available at no charge to all employees. All meetings with the EAP staff members are confidential.
- EDTG Tuition: Full-time Simpson University staff members and their legal dependents and spouses are eligible for discounts up to the cost of full-time tuition for both fall and spring semesters. Part-time Simpson University staff regularly working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for an employee only tuition benefit. For EDTG qualifying criteria, please review your faculty or staff handbook. For further information contact the Director of Human Resources.
- Bookstore: Employees of the University are entitled to a 10% discount off of merchandise at the bookstore.
- Fitness Club Membership: Discounted membership to Sun Oaks Tennis and Fitness.
- Turtle Bay Exploration Park: Special group membership rates.
- AT&T - 17% off monthly bill
- Verizon - 8% off monthly bill and 25% off accessories
- Enterprise Rent- A-Car
- Oxford Suites (Redding Location)