Red Hawk Ride - Saturday, April 8, 2017
WHEN: Saturday, April 8, 2017@ 6:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Check-in starts at 6.
WHERE: Simpson University (and in and around Redding)
COST: $10 to $95
Online registration will stay open until 9 a.m. April 5, 2017. Riders can also register in person in Room 206 of the Owen Center at Simpson University, 2211 College View Drive; at the April 7, 2017, Red Hawk Ride dinner on campus; and the morning of the ride. For questions, please call 530-226-4177.
The Red Hawk Ride is a family-friendly, community bike ride with routes for all levels of riders (novice to competitive, including children).
The main purposes of the Red Hawk Ride are to
- Connect with our community by offering a healthy, fun, family-oriented activity
- Promote cycling and healthy living
- Raise awareness and money for students in need of scholarships, allowing deserving students to attend Simpson and complete their education
481 E. Cypress Ave.
Sign up to Ride
Registration opens Dec. 15, 2016 and will close on April 5, 2017.
Participants can register:
- Online (including early bird pricing before 3/17/17)
- Printable Registration Form (PDF)
- At the Student Development Office on Simpson's campus
- At the Red Hawk Ride Dinner on Friday, April 7, 2017
- At the event on Saturday, April 8, 2017
Registration fees include
- Swag bag with goodies
- Fully-stocked, fun rest stops
- Route maps
- Support vehicles and ride marshals
- A delicious breakfast
- Red Hawk Ride polar water bottle
Please note: Given the fundraising purpose of this event, registration is nonrefundable and nontransferable. Registration cancellations will be accepted up to 10 days prior to the event. Walk-up registrations will be allowed the day of the event (cash or check only).
Join us for a fundraiser dinner on Friday, April 7, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. Tickets for the dinner cost $10 and can be purchased at the event or through Red Hawk Ride online registration form*. This event will feature a motivational speaker.
Attendees will be able to
- Pick up ride packets if they are already registered
- Register for the ride
- Drop off a bike to sell at the swap on Saturday, April 8, 2017
*If you do not wish to ride in the event but would still like to attend the dinner, please select the "non-rider" option under the "Select your ride" category on the registration form.
Both individuals and companies can sponsor the Red Hawk Ride. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities for this event here.
Individuals can contribute:
- Become a corporate sponsor by signing up online
- Become a corporate sponsor by signing up by mail (Download and print this PDF)
- Sponsorship forms are due no later than Friday, March 3.
Companies have five levels of sponsorship:
- Fun: up to $150*
- Fitness: $151 to $500 in cash or products for the ride
- Sport: $500 to $1000 in cash or products for the ride
- Elite: $1000 to $5000 in cash or products for the ride
- Lead: $5000+ in cash or usable products for the ride
*Products needed for the ride include, but are not limited to: meal sponsors, swag sponsors, bottled water, sports drinks, oranges, bananas, granola bars, energy bars, energy beans, and jerky.
2016 Corporate Sponsors
Donations over and above registration fees, minus the fair market value of SWAG received, are fully tax deductible.
Sponsors, your donation may be fully tax deductible. Sponsorships are tax deductible if no advertising is provided in exchange. With regard to sponsorships, the IRS defines advertising as competitive pricing or product information displayed because of the donation. Simple name or logo placement with link to the company’s website is not considered advertising. For more detail on this subject, please click here. Simpson University is a 501(c)(3) organization. Tax ID: 94-1339635
- Route Maps - Coming Soon! (6.2/10K, 25 mile, 50 mile, 100 mile)
- Liability Waiver PDF (Waivers will also be available the day of the event at the registration tent.)
- Printable Registration Form (PDF) (will be available on day of the event)
- Rules of the Ride (PDF)
- Fees List (PDF)
- Apparel List (PDF)
- Sponsorship Information (PDF)
- Corporate Sponsor Sheet (PDF)
- Campus Map
- Safety Information
- Local Accommodations
- Cycle CA Magazine
- Healthy Shasta
- Redding Chamber of Commerce
- Shasta CAN (Coalition for Activity & Nutrition)
- Shasta Wheelmen
- Visiting Redding, CA
Wrench/mechanical support will be available in the registration on the boulevard the day of the ride.
First aid/emergency assistance will be available on campus.
Switching routes on the day of the ride is possible at the registration tent. We will do our best to accommodate riders who wish/need to change routes. Those moving to a longer ride should come prepared to pay the difference. Those needing a refund may choose to donate to the scholarship fund or allow two weeks to receive a check.
Rest stops will be provided throughout the ride and will be marked on your map. Drinks, fruit and other snacks will be provided.
Pictures of the event: Via your registration for this event you agree to allow Simpson University to use your image in future advertisement.
Store: Event T-shirts, hats, hoodies, and jerseys, along with Simpson University swag, will be available on the boulevard the day of the ride.
- Each rider must wear a helmet
- Please obey all traffic signs
- Please obey all public safety and university officials along the route
- Read our Rules of the Ride (PDF) for full list of rules
2017 Press Coverage
2016 Event Photos