Red Hawk Ride
WHEN: Saturday, April 9 @ 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Check-in starts at 7:30.
WHERE: Simpson University (and in and around Redding)
COST: $10 to $75
Online registration will stay open until 9 a.m. April 7. Riders can also register in person in Room 206 of the Owen Center at Simpson University, 2211 College View Drive, at the April 8 spaghetti dinner on campus, and the morning of the ride. For questions, please call 530-226-4177.
- Offer a healthy, fun, family-oriented activity to the Redding community
- Raise awareness and money for students in need of scholarships, allowing deserving students to attend Simpson and complete their education
The Red Hawk Ride serves as a fundraiser for student scholarships. All of the profits collected from the ride will go directly toward setting up a new scholarship for deserving students. Each rider is encouraged to raise a minimum of $100 per person OR $250 per family (beyond the rider registration fee). There will be prizes for the top fundraisers.
Each rider should create an Everyday Hero account for fundraising purposes. Once you create an account, you can share your page with people who will support you (and Simpson student scholarships). More information can be found at give.everydayhero.com/us/red-hawk-ride.
Alternately, you may download and use a Rider Fundraiser Sheet (PDF) to solicit support.
Both individuals and companies can sponsor the Red Hawk Ride. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities for this event here.
Individuals can contribute:
- Directly to the scholarship fund
- By signing up to ride online
- By signing up to ride via mail
- By sponsoring your ride, or another rider at Everyday Hero. Alternately, riders may download and use this offline sponsor worksheet (PDF).
- Become a corporate sponsor
- Become a corporate sponsor (sign up by mail before 3/4/16) - download and print this PDF
Companies have five levels of sponsorship:
- Basic: up to $150 in cash or products for the ride*
- Fun: up to $250 in cash or products for the ride
- Fitness: up to $500 in cash or products for the ride
- Sport Sponsor: up to $750 in cash or products for the ride
- Elite Sponsor: up to and/or beyond $1000 in cash or usable products for the ride
*Products needed for the ride include, but are not limited to: bottled water, sports drinks, oranges, bananas, granola bars, energy bars, energy beans, jerky, miscellaneous gear, etc.
Donations over and above registration fees, minus the fair market value of SWAG received, are fully tax deductible.
Sponsors, your donation may be fully tax deductible. Sponsorships are tax deductible if no advertising is provided in exchange. With regard to sponsorships, the IRS defines advertising as competitive pricing or product information displayed because of the donation. Simple name or logo placement with link to the company’s website is not considered advertising. For more detail on this subject, please click here. Simpson University is a 501(c)(3) organization. Tax ID: 94-1339635
Sign up to Ride
Registration opens January 15 and will close on April 7.
Participants can register two different ways:
- Online (including early bird pricing before 3/20/16)
- Offline form via or drop off (PDF)
- At the event on race/ride day
Please note: Given the fundraising purpose of this event, registration is nonrefundable and nontransferable. Registration cancellations will be accepted up to 10 days prior to the event. Walk-up registrations will be allowed the day of the event (cash or check only).
- Route Maps - All routes begin and end at Simpson University
- Liability Waiver PDF (Waivers will also be available the day of the event at the registration tent.)
- Offline Registration Form (PDF) (will be available on day of the event)
- Rules of the Ride (PDF)
- Fees List (PDF)
- Apparel List (PDF)
- Sponsorship Information (PDF)
- Rider Fundraising Worksheet (PDF)
- Corporate Sponsor Sheet (PDF)
- Campus Map
- Safety Information
- Local Accommodations
- Cycle CA Magazine
- Healthy Shasta
- Redding Chamber of Commerce
- Shasta CAN (Coalition for Activity & Nutrition)
- Shasta Wheelmen
- Visiting Redding, CA
Wrench/mechanical support will be available in the registration on the boulevard the day of the ride.
First aid/emergency assistance will be available on campus.
Switching routes on the day of the ride is possible at the registration tent. We will do our best to accommodate riders who wish/need to change routes. Those moving to a longer ride should come prepared to pay the difference. Those needing a refund may choose to donate to the scholarship fund or allow two weeks to receive a check.
Rest stops will be provided throughout the ride and will be marked on your map. Drinks, fruit and other snacks will be provided.
Pictures of the event: Via your registration for this event you agree to allow Simpson University to use your image in future advertisement.
Store: Event T-shirts, hats, hoodies, and jerseys, along with Simpson University swag, will be available on the boulevard the day of the ride.
- Each rider must wear a helmet
- Please obey all traffic signs
- Please obey all public safety and university officials along the route
- Read our Rules of the Ride (PDF) for full list of rules
Join us for a spaghetti feed dinner on Friday, April 8 at 6:30 p.m. Tickets for the dinner cost $10 and can be purchased at the event or through Red Hawk Ride online registration form. This event will feature Bobby McMullen and RideBlindRacing.