Roughly one-third of Simpson students commute to campus. Commuters are an integral part of Simpson's student population, and we want you to be successful.
You can take advantage of events designed with your needs and schedule in mind, lockers for storing personal belongings, a commuter lounge, and email updates regarding Simpson activities.
The Commuter Life Program at Simpson University strives to nurture a strong community among students, specifically commuters. Our aim is to build relationships through creative event organization, offering services designed to accommodate the special needs of commuters, and providing loving support for the commuter population.
Commuter Students & eating on campus
There are a number of food options for commuter students.
Commuter students & parking on campus
All commuter vehicles must be registered with the Campus Safety office. Students register at the beginning of each semester during the registration process.
There are several, color-coded parking lots on campus. Vehicles should be parked only in the parking lot that has the same color as their permit. If you do get a parking ticket, make sure you go talk to the Campus Safety officers (1st floor Owen Center).
This lounge is located on 2nd floor of the Owen Student Services Center. It features
- Get Connected and Stay Informed
- More of Simpson's Social Links can be found at simpsonu.edu/social
- Check out the bulletin board in the lounge for more news and events, including off-campus housing options
- Gatehouse Ministries (for MK housing assistance)
- The Student Behavior Assessment Team – a partnership between Academics, Enrollment Management, and Student Development – is a safe place to report concerns you have about a student who may be in need of encouragement and counsel. By making a referral to the team you are not making a determination regarding your concern but are allowing the appropriate campus officials to do so.
Commuter Life Supervisor
Student Commuter Director and Commuter Assistants
Office of Commuter Student Affairs
2211 College View Drive
Redding, CA 96003
Phone: (530) 226-4107