Graduate School Information
Preparing for Graduate School
If you are considering pursuing an advanced degree such as a Ph.D. or M.A. discuss this with your advisor or one of your professors.
- Some students begin to prepare for this step in their junior year.
- Make an appointment to discuss this with a faculty member.
- Discuss this with seniors who are preparing to attend graduate school.
- Plan to take the Graduate Entrance Exams (GRE) in your senior year.
- Examine the information on the American Historical Associations (AHA) website.
- Consult Peterson Guide to Graduate School and US News and World Report Special Edition on Graduate Schools
You may also be interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholarship after graduation:
http://us.fulbrightonline.org/ US Student Program.
Must have bachelor’s degree by the beginning date of grant. For graduates interested in studying, assisting teachers teaching English, or conducting research abroad. 1,500 students accepted every year to this program.
For more information see Dr. Ann Stamp Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Simpson Graduates are attending graduate school or law school at: