IRB Application to Conduct Research
(Using Human Subjects)
Important Instructions (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Please read the IRB Policy and Procedure Manual prior to submitting your application.
*Right-click (or option-click) to download the PDFs to your computer in order to edit and save before e-mailing or printing
Application and Policy Manual
Additional Forms and Templates
- Simpson IRB Informed Consent Requirements (PDF)
- Simpson IRB Informed Consent Template (PDF)
- Application for Modification of Approved Research (PDF)
- Research Status Report Form (PDF)
Can't open the PDF? Download the most recent version of Adobe Reader here.
Application Submission Process
Submit the following application documents to the IRB Chair for review:
- One electronic copy of the application via email to the IRB Chair.
- One hard copy of the application with any documented protocol (such as the questionnaires or assessment instruments that you propose to use).
- Mail to:
Simpson University - IRB
c/o Dr. Paul Stonehouse
2211 College View Drive, Redding, CA 96003
- For more information about the application process, please contact Dr. Paul Stonehouse at (530) 226-4970.
Application Submission Tips
Be sure to download/save the application file(s) to your computer before editing, saving and emailing to email@example.com. When you open the form(s) in Reader, you'll need to click on "Sign" in the top right of Adobe Reader, then you can Add Text and your signature (Place Signature) where applicable, re-save the file, then attach to your email and send. Do NOT send/submit the form/file via Adobe Reader (or Adobe EchoSign). You must SUBMIT the forms as an attachment in a regular email.