How to Apply for Research
Before completing your IRB application, please read the Simpson University IRB Policy and Procedure Manual. An application and project review by the IRB is federally mandated if your research project falls into certain categories. Please visit the Research Project Guidelines page to see if your project requires this oversight.
Application and Form Instructions
Please right click and save this form to your computer before editing. Please fill out the form offline or independent of your web browser. In order to make sure the form will download and save correctly, please download the most recent version of Adobe Reader.
Application and Forms
- IRB Policy and Procedure Manual (PDF)
- Application to Conduct Research Using Human Subjects (PDF)
- Simpson IRB Informed Consent Requirements (PDF)
- Simpson IRB Informed Consent Template (PDF)
- Application for Modification of Approved Research (PDF)
- Research Status Report Form (PDF)
Submit the following application documents to the IRB Chair for review:
- One electronic copy of the application via email to the IRB Chair.
- One hard copy of the application with any documented protocol (such as the questionnaires or assessment instruments that you propose to use).
- Mail to: Simpson University - IRB
c/o Dr. Danielle Beck
2211 College View Drive, Redding, CA 96003
- For more information about the application process, please contact Dr. Danielle Beck at 530.226.4639.