Graduate School Planning
The application process to graduate school is expensive and time-consuming; therefore, we offer services that enable you to locate the graduate program that best suits your occupational needs. The following timetable was provided by the Council of Graduate Schools:
Summer - Write/draft statement of purpose. Start browsing through guides to graduate programs and college catalogs
September - Meet with faculty members to discuss statement and possible programs. Ask for letter of recommendation. Sign up for required standardized tests.
October - Take standardized tests. Request application materials from programs.
November - Order transcripts. Ask if your records office can send a transcript with your fall term grades in time to meet the deadlines of programs to which you are applying.
December - Complete application forms (do a draft on a photocopy of the form first). Give your professors who are writing letters of recommendation the forms to fill out, the address to which they should send their letters and copies of your statement of purpose, or your response to specific questions asked by the program.
Dec /Jan. - Mail applications. Even if deadlines are later, it is good to get the applications in early.
February - Contact programs about the possibility of visiting. Make trips if possible.
April - If you are applying for need based financial aid programs, you may have to file a copy of your federal income tax return
Don’t forget about Simpson’s Graduate and Credentialing Programs
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (PASC)
- Teacher Credentialing Program
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership (Online)
- Master of Divinity (MDIV)
- Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership
- All the info and tools you need to find, get in, and pay for school
- College Affordability Guide: How to Pay for Grad School
- Guide to Graduate School Financial Aid
- Graduate School Listings
- Directory of Graduate Schools in the US and Canada
- Online Graduate Programs
- Complete Guide to Online Master's Programs
- NASPA Foundation
- Going Global: A College Student’s Road Map To Studying Abroad
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- Online Colleges in California
- Scholarships and Financial Aid in California
- Accredited School Online