The Registrar’s Office of Simpson University evaluates previous
college work to determine which credits may be applied toward a Simpson University degree.
The following criteria are considered in the evaluation of transfer credits:
- 1. An official transcript must be provided in order for credits to be accepted. In some cases, a student may be asked to provide Simpson University with course information from the previous
- 2. Evaluation may include review of syllabi, faculty credentials, grading standards and learning resources of the sending institution which are applicable to the transfer credits being considered.
- 3. The Registrar’s Office may consult with a given academic division before a final transfer equivalency decision is made.
- 4. If a course from another institution does not apply to the general education requirements, the course may be accepted as an unrestricted elective. A student may transfer up to 21 credits of
unrestricted elective credit.
- 5. Only courses in which students have earned a grade of “C-” or above will be eligible for transfer.
- 6. A student’s transfer GPA is not calculated into a student’s Simpson University GPA.
- 7. Coursework from a two-year college will only transfer as lower
- 8. Simpson University is on the semester system. Courses from an
institution on the quarter system will be transferred as follows:
||Semester Equivalent Credits
In addition to these stipulations, credits earned at institutions which
are not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Council
for Higher Education Accreditation may be evaluated for transfer to
Simpson University through one or more of the following procedures:
- 1. Review of syllabi, faculty credentials, grading standards, and learning
resources of the sending institution which are applicable to
the transfer credits being considered.
- 2. Analysis of the success of a number of previous students who have
transferred to Simpson University from the sending institution.
- 3. Successful completion of a minimum of 30 semester credits of
more advanced study at Simpson University.
- 4. Verification of at least five accredited colleges that have accepted
credits from the sending institution.
Credits for transfer from foreign institutions are evaluated by criteria
recommended by organizations such as the National Association for
Foreign Student Affairs (NAFSA).
With regard to the acceptance of transfer credits, the decision of the
Registrar is final.