Simpson University is dedicated to environmental stewardship and participates in a number of conservation efforts. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle; the following are examples of how Facilities and the Simpson University community contribute:
- Regular recycling and waste collection services to all buildings and public areas on campus.
- Blue recycling bins are utilized in offices, classrooms and dorms.
- Cleaning solutions are biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
- Fluorescent bulbs and used battery recycling.
- Our outdoor facilities are treated with all natural insecticides and organic fertilizers.
- Foliage and trees are regularly planted.
- No trans-fats are used in our Dining Center.
- Dining Center oils are converted into bio-fuel.
- Water conservation.
- Alternative energy generation.