The Emeriti Dining Center ('The Caf')
The Emeriti Dining Center offers a wide variety of options to get you going in the morning, fed throughout the day, and stoked before that all-nighter. A hang-out spot as well as banquet hall, The Caf is located on Simpson Boulevard and is the main place on campus where students, staff and faculty come to eat and socialize. Guests from the community are always welcome to stop by and enjoy a meal.
The Caf is open 12 hours a day and offers sack lunches for those on the go. Every meal includes vegetarian, vegan, or low-fat options. We use trans-fat-free oils, sustainable seafood, cage free eggs, antibiotic free chicken and pork, and portion-control plates. Daily selections offered for lunch and dinner include:
Visit http://www.dineoncampus.com/simpson/ for more information on menus, hours, nutrition, staff, or catering; you can also make a comment, see specials, and even send munchies. Contact Sadie, Food Service Site Director, with questions, comments, or suggestions.
The Dining Center is open daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We will be closed the following dates:
- November 23, 2011 – November 27, 2011
- December 17, 2011 – January 8, 2012
- March 24, 2012 – April 1, 2012
- April 29 – Fall 2012
The Caf hosts two to three special events every month. These events, such as Breakfast at Midnight, '50s Night, Caribbean Night, and Fine Dining Night, are a fun and enjoyable way we add variety to campus dining and create opportunities to build friendships.
- Resident students may choose from two meal plans which provide either 21 or 14 meals per week. Cost is included in room and board charges.
- Commuter students may purchase individual meal tickets or a 25-meal plan for $95.
- The ASC Coordinator, Beth Kurtz, handles exemptions on a case by case basis. Additional criteria and instructions for exemptions can be obtained by contacting Beth Kurtz.