Peer tutoring is available to Simpson University students through the Academic Success Center. Our major focus is on the core level classes, but we do provide tutoring as available for upper level classes. Students are expected to come having completed the reading and assignments for which they desire clarification on and help understanding. Tutors will provide students with techniques to learn, organize, and understand the information that is presented in class and through the texts. Tutors will not do your homework for you. For more information or for the tutoring schedule contact the ASC.
What should a student bring to a tutoring session?
- Class Syllabus (for the class you are seeking help in)
- Class notes and materials from class
- Textbooks and other reading materials from class
- List of questions for clarification from the tutor
- A motivated and ready to learn attitude