- First time users: Create a new account (use ACCESS CODE: redhawks)
- Returning users: Log on (using the account you have already created)
FOCUS 2 offers five short assessments: Holland Code Interests, Personality, Values, Skills, Leisure Interests
It will enable you to consider your unique qualities and explore career fields and major areas of study that are most compatible with your assessment results.
Use FOCUS 2 to help you choose or change your major and also to verify your career preferences. Students who use FOCUS make better decisions about their goals and plans and learn how to self-manage their careers.
(First time users will need to register using your Simpson email)
- expert career development and research information
- resume, cover letter, and interviewing preparation
- job postings, networking and social media integration from Internships.com and TweetMyJobs.com
Understand yourself better with MAPP Assessments. The MAPP Assessment Test is fun and easy, so get started now!
- It takes about 22 minutes. It is important to take it rather quickly, since MAPP wants the "reflexive" answer, not the "intellectual" answer.
- Stop by the Career Office in 208 Owens to get your personal KeyCodes. You will then go to www.TakeMAPP.com, and take the MAPP Assessment. Your results will be returned by email within one hour after completion.
- This assessment will provide you with excellent understanding of self to start you on your way to finding careers that they are most suited for you. The success of this particular assessment is attributed to its ability to evaluate and determine how each student is motived. The correlation between your personal attributes, strengths, and interest pave the way for great personal understanding.
- Each trait gets a ranking from 1 to 5. The number 1 means the individual is highly motivated, down to a 5, where the individual is not very motivated. This evaluation process allows you to understand different levels of motivation to help determine good potential career paths for you.
- You will receive a very detailed MAPP Summary, which discusses and defines your six strongest individual attributes.
- Finally, the great news is that you will have permanent access to your assessment as your travel through you career seeking process.
GOD’S S.H.A.P.E FOR YOU?
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” — Col. 3:23-24
God gives us gifts, talents, desires and abilities so we will enjoy using them to further His Kingdom!
Have you explored your talents and abilities? Do you know what you would like to do? Do you know what contributions you would like to make to the world?
Discovering how He has equipped you is a process. If you would like some guidance and encouragement, contact the Career Services Counselor.