Resume, Cover Letter and Portfolio
Winway Resume Deluxe
Take the frustration out of creating an awesome resume and a quick, yet impressive cover letter.
Simpson students can access this software program in the Career Office or on computers located in the Simpson Library.
The career counselor is available for additional editing and polishing of your work.
Please contact the Career Center, if you have any questions.
CareerBeam Resume and Cover Letter Prep
(First time users will need to register using your Simpson email)
- expert career development and research information
- resume, cover letter, and interviewing preparation
- job postings, networking and social media integration from Internships.com and TweetMyJobs.com
How to build a Career Portfolio
It is time to start collecting and creating a career portfolio, where you can quickly access all of your job searching documents.
Put 30 clear sheet protectors into a three-ring binder and then start filling those pages with your choice of the following:
- Copies of your resume and a generic cover letter
- Diplomas, certificates
- Multiple copies of Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts, report cards
- Awards, Commendations, Testimonials
- Assessments, Evaluations, Test Results
- Favorite projects, presentations, research
- Work samples (writing, coding, spreadsheets, designs, artwork, drawings, music, blueprints, etc.)
- Articles, publications, citations
- Evidence of Volunteer/Co-op work
- Newspaper clippings, media clips
- Performance Reviews
- Patents, Prototypes
- Personal and Professional Reference lists
- Multimedia presentations, reels, pictures
- Customer/Appreciation Letter
- Membership Evidence
- Work Authorization, visa, passport
- Anything significant to you which may be useful in an interview