Resume, Cover Letter and Portfolio
Introduction to Merit Pages
A Profile Built for You. You know the advice: write a resume, build a professional online profile, be careful what employers might find about you online.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-226-4737.
Winway Resume Deluxe
Students can access this software program on computers located in the Simpson library.
The career counselor is available for additional editing and polishing of your work.
CareerBeam Resume and Cover Letter Prep
- expert career development and research information
- resume, cover letter, and interviewing preparation
Current students will need to register using your Simpson email. Contact Career Services for questions/concerns at 530-226-4701.
Alumni registration may take 2-3 days for personal email verification. Contact Alumni Services for questions/concerns at 530-226-4774.
Simple, fast and free e-portfolios for everyone
Start your own Career Portfolio Binder
Where you can quickly access all of your job searching documents
Put 30 clear sheet protectors into a three-ring binder and then start filling those pages with your choice of the following:
- Copies of your resume and a generic cover letter
- Diplomas, certificates
- Multiple copies of Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts, report cards
- Awards, Commendations, Testimonials
- Assessments, Evaluations, Test Results
- Favorite projects, presentations, research
- Work samples (writing, coding, spreadsheets, designs, artwork, drawings, music, blueprints, etc.)
- Articles, publications, citations
- Evidence of Volunteer/Co-op work
- Newspaper clippings, media clips
- Performance Reviews
- Patents, Prototypes
- Personal and Professional Reference lists
- Multimedia presentations, reels, pictures
- Customer/Appreciation Letter
- Membership Evidence
- Work Authorization, visa, passport
- Anything significant to you which may be useful in an interview