Veterans Services


For information on how to apply for education benefits, GI Bill, and payment rates visit US Department of Veterans Affairs or call (888) 442-4551.


For information on filing procedures and student requirements please contact the Associate Registrar in the Office of the Registrar at (530) 226-4608. This person is the Veterans Affairs School Certifying Official.

Veterans' Policies

A veteran or eligible person placed on probation for unsatisfactory progress shall have benefits terminated if his or her academic progress remains below graduation requirements (2.0 GPA) after two terms or semesters. If the veteran or eligible person is allowed to remain on probation beyond this period, he or she will have all veterans' benefits discontinued and any further certification of training benefits terminated.

Simpson University will conduct an evaluation of previous education and training for veterans and eligible persons, grant appropriate credit, shorten the duration of the course appropriately, and notify the student and the VA accordingly.

Yellow Ribbon Program

Simpson University has entered into an agreement with the Department of Veterans Affairs to contribute to the Yellow Ribbon Program and has agreed to provide Yellow Ribbon Program contributions to up to one hundred eligible individuals per program each academic year. For information on the Yellow Ribbon Program and eligibility visit US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Simpson University agrees to provide Yellow Ribbon Program contributions for each participant during the academic year up to the following amounts for tuition charges and VA approved fees:

  • $5,000 for each student enrolled in Simpson University's traditional undergraduate program.
  • $2,500 for each student enrolled in Simpson University's Graduate Studies: School of Education.
  • ASPIRE, A.W. Tozer Seminary, Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership​ and the Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology do not need to utilize the Yellow Ribbon programs. Tuition for these programs are covered in full by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Contact Information

Office of the Registrar/VA Certifying Official
Simpson University
2211 College View Drive
Redding, CA 96003

Phone: (530) 226-4608
Fax: (530) 226-4870