Steps to Veterans Education Success
From Admissions through Graduation, here are the steps you will need to become successful at Simpson.
- Contact the Director of Veterans Success Center to set up an appointment via phone or in person.
- Apply for Education Benefits
- You must complete the VONAPP application to receive VA educational benefits. (Direct Deposit is recommended in the application)
- Print out your Benefit Eligibility page from your Ebenefits.org account.
- Submit Certificate Of Eligibility to the Director of Veterans Success Center.
- Complete the Simpson University Application for admission. Make sure you indicate your status as Active Duty, Veteran, Veteran Dependent, or Reserves.
- Apply for Financial Aid at fafsa.ed.gov
- Acceptance - Upon receiving your letter of acceptance, pay the advance tuition deposit in Webadvisor to start the registration process.
- Complete Registration
- Request VA Certification
- Each student must request VA certification each semester in attendance at Simpson University.
- Academic Advising - As needed, meet with SU’s Veteran Academic Advisor. Contact the Director of Veterans Success Center to schedule an appointment for academic advising.