Students seeking a c should choose to major in Liberal Studies. The addition of the Education Minor may shorten the credentialing process. Students will receive advisement counseling regarding the use of the Education Minor courses.
Application for admission to the Education minor should be made through the School of Education during the fall of the sophomore year. Completion of the preliminary credential includes a post-Baccalaureate semester of student teaching. Multiple subjects candidates may, with the Dean’s approval, choose to do half of their student teaching in their home community, nationally or internationally.
Simpson University’s Preliminary Teaching Credentials for Multiple Subjects and Single Subject are fully accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Click here to link to the School of Education.
- EDUC 2000 Intro to Education (3; Sp)
- *+EDUC 4020 Psychological Apps in Education (3)
- *+EDUC 4250 Technology for Teaching & Learning (3)
- *+EDUC 4400/4410 Language Arts (4)
- *+EDUC 4420/4430 Curriculum & Instruction (5)
- *+EDUC 4460/4470 Multicultural Instruction (3)
- *EDUC 4500 Technology in the Classroom (1)
- *+EDUC 4610 Teaching Performance Assessment 1 (0)