Get the most out of your campus visit by attending one of our Preview Weekends. You’ll experience a day in the life of a Simpson student by attending chapel, going to class, getting to know faculty, dining in the cafeteria, and touring the campus. All this followed by exceptional evening of entertainment SU style and getting to see first-hand what residence life is all about when you “room” with a Simpson student for a night. This two-day event is a fun way to learn more about Simpson University and discover your place in a wonderful community!
- "A Day in the Life" - Major Specific Preview Days
- Spring Preview Weekend
- Red Hawk Summer - A Pre-Orientation Event
Red Hawk Summer - July 21-22, 2017
Incoming students: You are invited to attend this Friday-Saturday event which will feature pre-orientation sessions so that you can check your boxes off early!
- Take Placement Tests
- Meet with your Academic Advisor and finalize your Fall 2017 course schedule
- Get your Student ID pic taken and walk away with your ID card
- Meet with your Student Financial Services advisor to solidify your financial aid package and select a payment plan
- Meet key staff and faculty who will make your Simpson student experience unforgettable
You will also:
- Eat dinner in The Caf, catered by Fat Daddy's BBQ (a local legend)
- Attend a Hillsong United concert at the Redding Civic Auditorium
- Play Capture the Flag until the wee hours of the night
- Stay the night in Simpson's residence halls
- Spend Saturday at the Whiskeytown Lake (that's right... yard games, volleyball, kayaks, and free lunch! Come get your tan on!)
The cost for this event is $60. (Parents come for FREE!)
Come join us for this amazing two-day event and enjoy a RED HAWK SUMMER!
**Must have been accepted to the university at the point of registration for this event.
“A Day in the Life” Major Specific Preview Days - September-November
Discover Simpson’s unique programs and experience a Day in the Life of a student through our major-specific preview days. Our hope is that your most important questions are answered as you connect with faculty, participate in classes, and meet the amazing SU student community.
At each Day in the Life event, guests will have the opportunity to:
- Take a Campus Tour
- Attend Chapel
- Eat Lunch in "The Caf" with Current Simpson Students
- Attend a Real Class Lecture Pertaining to your Major of Choice
- Hear From a Panel of Current Simpson Students
- Talk to a Group of Current Faculty from your Department of Interest
- Enjoy Live Music and Free Coffee in the Bean Scene
- Attend an All-Campus Event that Night
- Stay in the Residence Halls with Current Simpson Students
Spring Preview Weekend - March 2018
This year’s Spring Preview Weekend will be full of festivities, music, and informative seminars. Attendees will include our current student body, youth groups, leaders and prospective students. Friday night’s entertainment will feature NiteLife: Simpson University students present a live talent show of unique performances. You won’t want to miss this exciting event!
If your group consists of 50+ people, please contact us directly at 1-888-9-SIMPSON or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the details of your visit arrangements.
Travel Reimbursement Program (TRiP)
Simpson University will reimburse the gas cost of a prospective student travelling to visit the campus, provided (s)he brings along three friends on that trip.
To qualify, the driver of the car will need to:
- Notify the Admissions department in advance that they want to take advantage of the TRiP program and schedule their visit date.
- The driver and three friends must be prospective Simpson students.
- Receipts for the gas for the trip must be sent to the Admissions department within a week after returning home from the visit.
- The driver must enroll at Simpson within two years of having visited.
Simpson will reimburse:
- Assuming receipts for gas have been received within a week following the campus visit trip.
- With a check made out to the student (driver) within two weeks of having enrolled at Simpson.
The Admissions Office Welcome Center is located on the first floor of the Owen Student Service Center on the south end of campus.
Our business office hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
If you are interested in touring campus, please fill out a personal visit form. Tours are designed to fit our schedule.
If for any reason you need to cancel or reschedule a visit, please contact us (1-888-9-SIMPSON).
Virtual Tour and Campus Maps
- Take a virtual tour of campus
- Check out the campus webcam
- Download a map of campus (PDF)
- Get directions to Simpson University
- Lodging and off-campus resources
- Search SimpsonU
- Undergraduate Admissions
- School of Nursing Admissions
- Adult Studies Admissions
- Graduate Studies Admissions
- A.W. Tozer Admissions