Peer tutoring is available to Simpson University students through the Academic Success Center. Our major focus is on the core level classes, but we do provide tutoring as available for upper level classes. Students are expected to come having completed the reading and assignments for which they desire clarification on and help understanding. Tutors will provide students with techniques to learn, organize, and understand the information that is presented in class and through the texts. Tutors will not do your homework for you. For more information or for the tutoring schedule contact the ASC.
How to get a Tutor
- Come into the office to fill out an Academic Support Request form
- We will match you with one of our tutors and give them your contact information
- The tutor will personally contact you within 48 hours to set up an appointment.
What you need to bring to Tutor Session
- Please bring your textbook and notes to your tutor appointments.
- Class Syllabus
- Any specific question you may have.
What you can expect from a Tutor
- Tutors will guide you and help you find the answers yourself
- Tutors will not give you all the answers
- Tutors will teach you how to study effectively and find any resources you need to be successful in your course.
- Tutors will not do your assignment for you