WorldSERVE (Student Missions)
As our motto “gateway to world service” states, Simpson University is committed to developing world servants who play a vital role in God’s story of redeeming the lost.
Every fall, we invite students to join a WorldSERVE team and take a yearlong discipleship journey which includes a short-term service project. The main objective is that students would BE DISCIPLED here, in order to MAKE DISCIPLES in the nations. It’s really not about the “trip.” It’s about the discipleship journey, both in us and to the ends of the earth.
See what students are saying about WorldSERVE.
"I dearly hope that I have been able to make as much of an impact on the lives of those I lived, worked, and played with for four weeks as they have made on me. I can humbly say that in order to glorify God, I gave everything I had to those kids, my teammates, and the other staff we worked with. I wouldn’t trade this trip for anything, and I hope that I will be able to return there next summer and in the years to come." — Josh, Ukraine Team 2013
"The Bible became so tangible! While in India we were able to show love to the orphans, care for the widows, and touch people who have suffered or are in the process of healing from leprosy. My heart and desire for people to hear the gospel grew even deeper. In India only 2% of the people are Christians. That leaves 98% of people who do not know the freedom and love that they are missing out on. I hope and pray that God chooses to send me and use me as a part of what he is doing." — Heidi, India Team 2013
"As we shared our lives with the Mongolians, they also shared their lives with us. We learned generosity and hospitality from them. We learned passion from them. We learned endurance from them. We blessed them and they blessed us. We impacted their lives and they impacted ours. We discovered we truly are one in Christ. There is no 'us' and 'them'. What an honor to have Mongolian brothers and sisters!" — Daniel, Mongolia Team 2013
"I am still in awe of the fact that God chose me and my team to be vessels for His love. We were able to share that the only reason we can love is because God first loved us. And they wanted it. They want Him. Although they may associate themselves with the religion of their country, God is working in them. I thank Him every day for the knowledge that He will not relent His pursuit of their hearts." — Emily, Thailand Team 2013
"This life I am living isn’t for me, it’s not about my success but only about bringing glory to the Creator. I do not know if that means I will go back to North Africa or another country or stay in America but I know that whatever I do, wherever I end up, I must bring glory to Christ. I am ready to follow the Lord in whatever He has in store for my life." — Becca, North Africa Team 2012
And if that doesn't convince you... read Jesus' own words!
"Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you." - Matthew 28:19
"The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." - Luke 10:2
"I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb." - Revelation 7:9
Be Discipled. Make Disciples.
We believe that short-term service projects can be an incredible tool for facilitating discipleship. As part of a WorldSERVE team, students get to simultaneously BE Discipled by their student leaders, team mentors and field workers, while MAKING Disciples in partnership with their long-term workers and through the relationships they build on the field.
All team members commit to a three-part discipleship process during the year: pre-field, on the field, and post-field.
“COME and SEE what God has done, his awesome deeds for mankind!”
- Psalm 66:5
We have been invited by some incredible field workers to COME AND SEE what God is doing as they proclaim His goodness to the ends of the earth! From Chicago to Chile, God is at work through His people. So we go simply to encourage and further their existing ministries where we have been asked to assist.
Prayerfully read the descriptions below to determine your top three field choices, then be ready to say YES to God wherever he might send you! It is not guaranteed that you will be placed on your first-choice team, so we ask that you remain available and open to God leading you in a new direction! Applications will be due November 1.
The following locations, projects, dates, and costs are subject to change! Please choose now to BE FLEXIBLE and patient as details are confirmed and plans change regularly!
Participate in WorldSERVE's 21 Day Challenge
Partner with us as we fast and pray for 21 days through The Challenge. Learn more at simpsonu.edu/thechallenge.