Mission, Vision, and Values
Simpson University, a school of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, is a Christ-centered learning community with an enduring commitment to world service and faith-infused education in professional studies and liberal arts.
Simpson University is a Christ-centered learning community committed to developing each student in mind, faith and character for a lifetime of meaningful work and service in a constantly changing world.
Simpson University’s passion is to be the university of choice for students who aspire to achieve their chosen life goals through a Christ-led, transformational and innovative education.
Statement of Commitment: We profess the supremacy of Jesus Christ as Lord of all. In faith, we submit ourselves to His authority and His Word, and seek His wisdom. We will reflect His character in our daily lives. Simpson will be a Christ- honoring university, and we embrace the Core Values below, which inform our identity and drive our Vision for the future.
- Community - We are a covenantal community. We commit to creating a learning community that is intentionally and faithfully hospitable and welcoming; inclusive and diverse; practicing justice, fairness and respect for all people; compassionate, kind and loving; reflecting the heart and image of God in all that we do.
- Excellence - We commit to excellence in teaching, scholarship, recruitment, leadership, management, stewardship, and interpersonal interactions and to continuously improve in all our practices.
- Accountability - We commit to individual and corporate responsibility for our actions, decisions, communications, and performance and welcome evaluation and feedback.
- Integrity - We commit to honor God and each other through openness, honesty and ethical conduct in all matters.
- Service – We commit to honor God by modeling Christ’s example of service to all humanity. Our calling as a Christian university is to be a “gateway to world service” and a place where the Great Commission is lived out.
Gateway to World Service