- Communication Models & Theory: Students will comprehend, understand, and apply communication models and theory in diverse practical contexts.
- Ethically Appropriate Communication:
- Students will be able to develop content that reflects ethically appropriate communication in multiple contexts.
- o Students will be able to understand and demonstrate appreciation of the cultural values, diversity and unity of a multicultural world.
- Communication Artifacts: Students will be able to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize communication artifacts with skill in relating them to similar communication products.
- Information Literacy: Students are able to recognize when information is needed and have the ability to use the appropriate methodology to discover, evaluate, and utilize the appropriate evidence in communicating messages.
- Communication Ability: Students will be able to communicate orally and in writing with advanced proficiency.
Major Specific Resources
Internship and Study Abroad Opportunities:
|Channel 7 News||The Scholars' Semester in Oxford|
|Record Searchlight||Los Angeles Film Studies|
"Being your student has been a privilege. Your teaching and our class sessions have invigorated my mind, challenged me to think deeply, satisfied my curiosities, and prompted me to seek truth...learning from you hasn't been about getting good grades and passing classes--it has largely been about being directed to grow in faith and leading a purposeful life. Thank you for your wisdom and patience."
– Manya Cramer, Class of 2016