Simpson University's Music major is designed to provide professional preparation for a number of musically related professions: composition, performance (voice, piano, or another instrument), and worship ministry. You can also receive a Music Liberal Arts Emphasis degree. This major is designed for students who would like to pursue a music degree but are not seeking preparation for the music professions of performance or church music.
- Artistic synthesis: Students will be able to relate a wide range of music proficiencies to a culminating or capstone artistic endeavor.
- Performance skill
Major Specific Resources
- Credit Worksheets
- Music Scholarships (PDF)
- Scholarship Audition Request
- Entrance Scholarship Application for Music Majors/Minors (PDF)
- Music Student Handbook (PDF)
- Music Information Booklet (PDF)
- Apply Now
- 04.12.2016 - Simpson University Music Professor Composes Electronica Album
- 01.14.2016 - Alliance Music Publishes Composition by Simpson University Music Professor
- 01.13.2016 - Simpson University Music Professor to Conduct Honor Band, Symphony
- 05.22.2014 - Simpson University to Host Shasta Percussion Workshop
- 02.10.2014 - Simpson University Hosts Free Lecture-Recital for Black History Month
- 08.07.2013 - Simpson University Music Department welcomes choral professor
- 07.22.2013 - Alaska symphony will perform work by Simpson University music professor
- 10.22.2012 - Simpson Professor to Premiere Second Symphony
If you have any questions or you want to learn more about what our music department has to offer, please contact (530) 226-4507.
“The professors are absolutely passionate about the students here – they love to engage with the students, not just in their academics but also in their spiritual life and mentoring them. They do everything to empower our students to be the best we can be. When we graduate, they want to see us go out into the world and be great people in the name of Jesus.”
— Kong Yang, Class of 2016