Student Financial Aid Dates and Deadlines
Obtaining financial aid involves a process. This process requires a team effort between you, the student, and the financial aid staff. It is our desire for you to work through this process in a timely and seamless manner. Please note the following important dates to help all the pieces of your financial aid package come together as quickly as possible.
Registration and Refund Dates
Please refer to the registration and refund dates that are applicable to your program. The links below provide important information regarding possible refund eligibility of tuition and fees.
Complete course registration for the Spring 2013 semester.
December 15, 2012
Spring 2013 owing balance due in full.
File the 2013-2014 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Submit the 2013-2014 Cal Grant GPA Verification Form to the California Student Aid Commission (if applicable).
1) In high school? Have your high school submit your GPA to the California Student Aid Commission.
2) In College? If you have completed fewer than 24 college semester units, 36 quarter units, or the equivalent, and have not completed any credits at Simpson University, ask your high school to verify your GPA. If you are currently attending another college/university and applying for a new Cal Grant, you need to check with your school to see if they will verify your GPA. Students currently enrolled at Simpson University, please submit the GPA Verification form to the Registrar's Office.
3) Renewing your Cal Grant award? If you already have a Cal Grant or are on Community College Reserve and want to renew your award, you do not need to complete a GPA Verification Form (the college you list and attend will certify your Cal Grant renewal eligibility).
March 1, 2013 - Course registration opens in WebAdvisor for School of Education and A.W. Tozer Theological Seminary students. Make sure your student account is paid in full before this date in order to be eligible for course registration.
Simpson University Priority Awarding begins!
Course registration opens in WebAdvisor. Make sure all EDAP requirements are met and your student account is paid in full in order to be eligible for course registration. Course registration opens as follows:
- March 5, 2013 - Seniors, Athletes, ROTC Cadets
- March 9, 2013 - Juniors
- March 13, 2013 - Sophomores
- March 15, 2013 - Freshmen
- March 26, 2013 - New Students
April 15, 2013 - IRS deadline to file taxes or file for an extension. If you are selected for verification, make sure to submit the required documents after your taxes are filed. To see what documents are needed, check 'My Documents' in WebAdvisor.
Request Loans (if applicable).
April 15, 2013 - Summer 2013 balance due in full.
Registration statements will be mailed for the fall semester. Tuition charges will be based on current registration. Please ensure your course registration is complete in order for your statement to be an accurate reflection of your anticipated semester charges. Undergraduate students, please ensure all registration forms are completed through WebAdvisor in order for your account charges to be accurate.
August 15, 2013
Fall 2013 owing balance due in full.
Fall 2013 semester begins.