Student Financial Aid Dates and Deadlines
Obtaining financial aid involves a process. This process requires a team effort between you, the student, and the financial aid staff. It is our desire for you to work through this process in a timely and seamless manner. Please note the following important dates to help all the pieces of your financial aid package come together as quickly as possible.
Registration and Refund Dates
Please refer to the registration and refund dates that are applicable to your program. The links below provide important information regarding possible refund eligibility of tuition and fees.
Important Disbursement Information
All disbursements will be issued via a reloadable Simpson University Visa® Prepaid Card, or direct ACH deposit to a designated bank account. Students will receive an e-mail from email@example.com providing a secure link to select their preferred disbursement method.
Additional information on the Simpson University Visa® Prepaid Card:
- Terms and Conditions
- To locate ATMs visit the Allpoint Network ATM Locator
- The card balance and purchase history can be reviewed at simpsonu.educatecard.com
File the 2015-2016 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Video used with permission from the Department of Education
Submit the 2015-2016 Cal Grant GPA Verification Form to the California Student Aid Commission (if applicable).
1) In high school? Have your high school submit your GPA to the California Student Aid Commission.
2) In College? If you have completed fewer than 24 college semester units, 36 quarter units, or the equivalent, and have not completed any credits at Simpson University, ask your high school to verify your GPA. If you are currently attending another college/university and applying for a new Cal Grant, you need to check with your school to see if they will verify your GPA. Students currently enrolled at Simpson University, please submit the GPA Verification form to the Registrar's Office.
3) Renewing your Cal Grant award? If you already have a Cal Grant or are on Community College Reserve and want to renew your award, you do not need to complete a GPA Verification Form (the college you list and attend will certify your Cal Grant renewal eligibility).
Simpson University Priority Awarding begins!
March 2, 2015 - Course registration opens in WebAdvisor for School of Education and A.W. Tozer Theological Seminary students. Make sure your student account is paid in full before this date in order to be eligible for course registration.
Course registration opens in WebAdvisor. Make sure all EDAP requirements are met and your student account is paid in full in order to be eligible for course registration. Course registration opens as follows:
- March 5, 2015: Seniors
- March 9, 2015: Juniors
- March 12, 2015: Sophomores
- March 16, 2015: Freshmen
- TBD - New Students
April 15, 2015 - IRS deadline to file taxes or file for an extension. If you are selected for verification, make sure to submit the required documents after your taxes are filed. To see what documents are needed, check 'My Documents' in WebAdvisor.
Request Loans (if applicable).
April 15, 2015 - Summer 2015 balance due in full.
Registration statements will be mailed for the fall semester. Tuition charges will be based on current registration. Please ensure your course registration is complete in order for your statement to be an accurate reflection of your anticipated semester charges. Undergraduate students, please ensure all registration forms are completed through WebAdvisor in order for your account charges to be accurate.
July 25, 2015
Verification deadline for the fall semester. If all requested documentation is not submitted by this deadline all institutional aid is subject to cancellation. To determine if documentation is needed please review "My Documents" in WebAdvisor.
August 15, 2015
Fall 2015 owing balance due in full.
Fall 2015 semester begins.
Complete course registration for the Spring 2016 semester.
December 15, 2015
Spring 2016 owing balance due in full.
January 15, 2016
Verification deadline for the spring semester. If all requested documentation is not submitted by this deadline all institutional aid is subject to cancellation. To determine if documentation is needed please review "My Documents" in WebAdvisor.