School of Nursing Admissions Process
- Transfer students will complete two applications: 1) application to Simpson University, 2)enrollment packet for nursing major. Students must first be admitted into the university before applying to the nursing major. Admission to the university does not ensure admission into the nursing major.
- Students currently enrolled at Simpson University at the time of application to the nursing major will be given priority in the committee review acceptance process.
- Courses specific to Simpson University’s liberal arts curriculum will be required for graduation. Students should be prepared to work closely with an academic advisor in order to complete all core curriculum and nursing major course requirements.
- Students transferring from another nursing program who have completed one or more semesters satisfactory will be evaluated by the Director of Admissions and the Dean of Nursing. Please work closely with the admissions staff to ensure all documentation is properly received in a timely manner and guidelines within the transfer policy are followed. In addition to the Simpson University application, the following documents must be submitted:
- Letter of intent requesting transfer
- Official college transcripts of all college work completed
- Official nursing course descriptions and course outlines for evaluation of nursing content
- Letter from your previous nursing director stating status and reason for leaving program
Step One: Apply Online
Complete an application and pay a non-refundable application fee.
Step Two: Submit a professional reference
Stept Three: Submit official transcripts
Applicants must request all official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Send transcripts to:
Simpson University, Admissions Office
2211 College View Drive
Redding, CA 96003
Step Four: Accepted and Statement of Commitment
Accepted: applicants who have submitted all admissions material will be reviewed for acceptance.
Statement of Commitment: Please sign and agree to the statement of commitment. Once complete, you will be registered automatically for your courses (statement of commitment form can be located on your SimpsonYou page under "Next steps". This step is required immediately after you have received your acceptance).