All students seeking admission to the undeclared nursing program and School of Nursing at Simpson University must first be admitted into the university. Students will be accepted into Simpson University based on established admissions criteria. Admission into the university and undeclared nursing program does not guarantee admission into the School of Nursing.
In order to ensure the most qualified candidates are accepted into the program, additional admissions criteria and recommended courses are required.
Steps to Apply:
- Complete the Simpson University Undergraduate application at Simpsonu.edu/apply
- Send unofficial high school transcripts to email@example.com
- Complete the NursingCAS application
- Request that official transcripts from all institutions attended be sent to NursingCAS
- Upload a personal statement in the Documents section of NursingCAS
- Request 2 letters of recommendation be sent through the NursingCAS recommender portal
- Request official ATI-TEAS score be sent to Simpson University at https://store.atitesting.com
- International Applicants: Request that official evaluations of transcripts from all foreign institutions be sent to NursingCAS as follows:
- Use the World Education Services (WES) link in the Academic History section of the application to order your official WES evaluation or...
- Use the "Download Evaluation Request Form" in the Academic History section of the application to request an evaluation from an evaluation service other than WES.
Application Deadlines for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
Fall 2022: Friday, June 17, 2022 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Spring 2023: Friday, October 7, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. PST
1. While current Simpson students are given priority, each year slots may be filled by transfer students and readmitted students. Admission into the School of Nursing is competitive and completion of the prerequisite classes and the application does not guarantee acceptance into the major.
2. Admission into the nursing major is conditional until all in progress prerequisite classes (those taken during the semester of application) are completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
3. During the review process, the following areas will be given consideration:
|Cumulative and Pre-requisite GPA
|Recommendations Forms (2)
5. The School of Nursing does not carry a waitlist. Students who are not accepted into the program are encouraged to work closely with their academic advisor, and then reapply the following application cycle.
6. Students must be at least 18 years of age before entering the School of Nursing.
*ATI TEAS: Simpson University is an approved TEAS testing site. The ATI TEAS is the only version accepted. To be considered for admission, students must achieve a minimum adjusted individual total score of 78 on the ATI TEAS.