Undergraduate First-Time Freshman Admissions Process and Requirements
A first-time freshman is a student who will be graduating high school in the academic year before enrolling at Simpson University or has 30 or fewer college semester units.
1. Apply Online
- Submit your FREE online application
- For first-time users, hit the "Sign Up" link to create a username and password.
- You can start today, save your work, and go back at any point to review your application and make changes before submitting.
- Have questions? Call 530.226.4606 for assistance.
- Submit official* secondary or high school transcripts.
- Submit official* college transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges/universities.
- Submit transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
2211 College View Drive
Redding, CA 96003
*Transcripts are considered official when sent directly to Simpson University from your current high school or college. Final official high school transcripts must be submitted upon completion of your high school requirements and must include graduation date.
3. Send SAT and/or ACT scores to Simpson University (optional)
- SAT college code: 4698
- ACT college code: 0430
4. File the FAFSA
- Submit the FAFSA. Simpson's school code is 001291.
- FAFSA registration for the 2021-2022 school year opens on Oct. 1, 2020.
- The FAFSA helps us determine how much financial aid you will qualify for.
- For priority awarding fill out the FAFSA by March 2, 2021.
|Fully Qualified||2.7 Unweighted High School GPA & above|
|Provisional||2.1-2.69 Unweighted High School GPA|
|Committee Review||2.1 Unweighted High School GPA & below|
First-time Freshman Pre-Nursing, Math, and Biology
|Fully Qualified||3.2 Unweighted High School GPA B (or better) in Algebra 2 (or higher)|
Provisional: Student is capped at 13 units in their first semester at Simpson. Will be set up to meet with the Academic Success Center for academic support.
Committee Review: Students must submit an academic essay for review by the Admissions Committee.